Bring Lyric’s Musical Interactive to my School!
Interactive FAQ for Educators
Lyric’s Interactive Coordinator will use the information provided to determine the appropriate number of performances, and email the Primary Contact listed with proposed dates and times. The Interactive Coordinator and the school contact then work together to get your school on the 2023-2024 schedule.
About 40-45 minutes.
Interactive is appropriate for most ages — we primarily serve Pre-K through Middle School. We love to perform for as many students as possible!
- Reserve the performance space
- Prepare the performance space — make sure it is clean and clear of clutter
- Put the performance on the school-wide calendar
- The Interactive team arrive will approximately 20-30 minutes prior to performance time.
- The Interactive stage manager will check in at the front office with Study Guides for your students. Please ensure that office staff are aware of the group’s arrival.
- Office staff should be able to provide information on which external door the tour trailer can be unloaded through. Please make sure this door is unlocked.
- Please secure a private area for the actors to change into costume — this can be a dressing room, classroom, storage room, bathroom, library, etc.
- The performance will last about 40-45 minutes.
- If you have an afternoon performance, please strategize how to clear the parent pick-up carpool to ensure a prompt departure for the Interactive group after load out.
4-5 Actors and a Stage Manager.
Our team arrives approximately 20-30 minutes prior to your performance time. Eg: If your performance is scheduled for 9AM, our group will arrive around 8:30AM.
Your performance time is when the show starts. If students get out of class at 9AM, you should ensure your performance is scheduled for 9:15AM to allow student travel and seating time. The Interactive group will not hold for longer than 10 minutes after the scheduled performance start time.
Yes, as long as the performance can still begin on time. For example, if the assembly begins at 8:30AM, schedule your performance for 8:45AM or 9AM. The group can load in while you are holding your assembly.
Yes! If you have social media, be sure to tag us on Facebook (Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma), or Instagram and Twitter (@LyricTheatreOKC)!
We love to hear from you! But here is some advice about getting in touch:
- Please only reach out if:
- You need to make a modification to your reservation
- Your performance is in two weeks or less and you have not received a reminder email
- You have a question that is not answered by our FAQ page
Your point of contact is Lauren Leppke, the Interactive Coordinator. After scheduling your performance date and time, you can expect the following communication:
- A Confirmation Email
- A Reminder Email 2-3 weeks prior to your performance
Office Phone: (405) 524-9310 ext. 101
ABSOLUTELY! We look forward to seeing you soon!