A Patron Services Team Member has the primary responsibility of calling past
subscribers and ticket-buyers and informing them about our upcoming season, with the
goal of converting them to a season subscriber or securing their re-subscription. The
successful Patron Services Team Member will be comfortable speaking on the phone
with several people during each day/evening shift to inform them about Lyric Theatre’s
upcoming productions, subscription benefits, seating, and prices. We are looking for an
upbeat, motivated professional with an interest in sharing the arts to join our team.
Minimum Required Education:
● A high school diploma or equivalent education
Minimum Required Experience:
● Minimum one year experience in outbound phone sales (telemarketing/call center)
● Minimum of one year experience in a customer service/hospitality position
Essential Job Functions:
● Call past and potential patrons to secure new subscribers and renew the
subscriptions of existing patrons
● Maintain knowledge of Lyric at the Civic Center and Lyric at the Plaza Theatre
seating, pricing, and subscriber/donor benefits
● Maneuver Lyric’s ticketing system to review patron account information.
● Maintain knowledge of Lyric’s upcoming productions and effectively communicate that
information to potential patrons
● Learn and uphold all Lyric Box Office policies/procedures
● Maintain notes and documentation of calls placed and their outcome
● Work closely with fellow Patron Services team members and manager to meet weekly
goals as determined by management
● Complete subscription order forms legibly, accurately, and completely
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Demonstrated superb customer/hospitality service experience
● Demonstrated ability to succeed on an outbound sales calling team
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work evenings and possible extended hours as goals require
● Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently and receive
● Proven ability to remain calm under pressure.
● Ability to understand and operate a multi-line telephone system
● Preferred experience with database and/or ticketing systems
● Demonstrated high level of comfort asking for commitments of time and money from
● A passion for theater/the performing arts, arts education, and/or community
engagement through the arts
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
25 pounds. Sitting and standing for periods longer than an hour may be required.
Spending time on the phone in an environment of moderate noise levels is required.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional walking,
stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms.
Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with
patrons/supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The
physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA
requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions.
Candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com.