Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma is seeking a House Manager to be responsible for the smooth operation of the house during the run of the show. The House Manager oversees all public areas of Lyric’s Plaza Theatre, ensuring that the experience of each patron is safe and enjoyable. This position is perfect for someone who is quick on their feet, calm under pressure, trustworthy, and a great team member. The part-time House Manager must be able to manage a team of volunteers and ensure an optimal patron experience.
Position and Responsibilities
House managing all performances in the Plaza Theatre season, as well as Thelma Gaylord Academy productions, talkbacks after selected performances, private events & other Plaza Theatre events.
- General setting up of lobby prior to performances.
- Coordinating, training, and supervising all house workers (ushers, greeters, refreshment or souvenir sellers, etc.) & maintaining volunteer usher group
- Managing any late, standby, or special seating
- Tidying and maintaining the appearance of lobby and auditorium areas, along with cleaning when timely
- Resolving any patron complaints/issues arising during productions
- Completing a house manager performance report upon the completion of each performance
- Along with the stage manager, ensuring building security after each performance or event
This position primarily interacts with Security Staff, Box Office staff, Bartenders, and Stage Management.
For approximate schedule, see Lyric’s 2019 Plaza Season Schedule.
Prior experience in Customer Relations or Hospitality Management preferred.
Candidates should have experience working with the public and have strong organizational and communication skills; box office or other theatre experience helpful.
Compensation, Start Date, and Application Procedure
This is a paid hourly position, primarily working evenings and weekends when performances are scheduled. This position begins with the 2019 performances at Lyric’s Plaza Theatre.
To apply, please submit the following electronically to: email@example.com or mail to: Matthew Sipress, Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma, 1727 NW 16th, Oklahoma City, OK 73106. Include the following:
- Cover letter
- Contact info for three professional references including name, title, email, phone, and relationship.
Preference deadline is December 7, 2018; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lyric Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.