Development and Fundraising Intern
Applications are currently being accepted for a summer 2018 Development and Fundraising Intern with Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma. Lyric is the state’s only regional theatre company that produces a year-round season of productions geared to all ages/interests. The season is comprised of intimate productions in the fall/spring at Lyric’s 279-seat Plaza Theatre on NW 16th Street, and large-scale Broadway-caliber musicals produced during the summer at downtown Oklahoma City’s 2,500-seat Civic Center Music Hall. Additionally, Lyric serves hundreds of local children through its Thelma Gaylord Academy program which offers structured, semester-based classes for ages 5-19, and reaches over 35,000 children annually across the state with its free arts outreach touring program, and Musical Interactive.
- Participate in gift management (letter writing to secure contributions, data entry of gifts, tax letter writing and benefit mailing)
- Participate in small-scale writing projects to donors, corporations and/or foundations (including collating of supplemental attachment materials for grants and applicable evaluations)
- Work with vendors to secure and manage donated/in-kind goods (including parking, food and beverage)
- Work with volunteers assisting on behalf of Lyric at Civic Center during the summer shows (including acting as point-person for volunteer training and management during selected performances)
- Work with Lyric’s Development department to oversee the successful implementation of summer donor-related events (such as the annual Donor Party to be held Saturday, June 23rd and nightly show receptions for donors $750+)
- Additional clerical and miscellaneous duties necessary to fulfill these functions; including, but not limited to: ‘Thank you’ calls to donors, mailing assembly, staging and maintaining donor hospitality areas, shopping and other errands as assigned.
Skills and Expectations
- Experience with Microsoft computer applications
- Experience in databases preferred, but not required (Lyric uses PatronManager CRM, which is built on the Salesforce platform)
- Some college experience, preferably in an arts or arts management discipline
- Demonstrated writing ability (writing samples may be requested following an in-person interview)
- Attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive donor financial information disclosed during course of work in a confidential and trustworthy manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a professional, service-oriented demeanor
- Ability to socialize and communicate with donors and ticket subscribers as an official representative of Lyric
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
SALARY, TIME COMMITMENT, AND ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
- This is an unpaid internship. Flexible scheduling is available to work around other paying commitments.
- Summer internship slated to run early June through end of July/first week of August.
- A minimum of 10 hours per week time commitment is preferred. In addition, interns are asked to work 2-3 performances during each show week. As the majority of these performances are in the evening, time may be split between functions in-office and at Civic Center during show weeks.
- Lyric is amenable to working with eligible students on applicable course credit requirements.
- Interns will receive two complimentary tickets to each of Lyric’s 2018 summer shows at Civic Center: Disney’s FREAKY FRIDAY (June 26 – July 1), HELLO, DOLLY! (July 10 – 15) and MAMMA MIA! (July 24 – 29).
No calls, please. Send a cover letter and résumé with contact information by April 20th to:
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma
Attn: Development Intern
1727 NW 16th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Or email materials to Siobhan@LyricTheatreOKC.com with the subject header Development Intern.