Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma, Oklahoma’s leading professional theatre, is seeking a Business Manager with 5+ years’ experience in a financial management. This position is responsible for maintaining the daily accounting and financial controls of Lyric Theatre. Working with the senior staff and the Finance Committee of the Board, the Business Manager helps provide financial insight, short-term and long-term financial analysis, and works with the leadership team to assure ongoing sustainability. Responsibilities include: payroll processing, accounts payable/receivable, annual budgeting, monthly forecasts, preparation for annual audit, providing financial reports for funders, cash flow management and maintaining strong internal cost control. The Business Manager reports directly to the Managing Director and works collaboratively with the entire staff to maintain a healthy financial environment. Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel is required. This position is ideal for an energetic, detail-oriented professional who is eager to be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced and beloved Oklahoma City institution.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience is required.
- Must have 5+ years of financial management experience with an organization operating on an annual budget of at least two million dollars ($2M). Non-profit experience desired, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of Federal and State regulatory standards and compliance requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley regulations as pertains to non-profits.
- Must be a self-starter able to problem solve and collaborate with others.
- Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, sound judgment are required.
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
This position is full time and requires some off-peak hours for evening meetings and events.
Salary and title are commensurate with experience and competitive with other 501c3 organizations of comparable stature and size in Oklahoma. Package includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick, long term disability and personal time.
To apply, please submit the following electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Managing Director, Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma, 1727 NW 16th, Oklahoma City, OK 73106. Include the following:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact info for four professional references including name, title, email, phone, and relationship. We will not contact references without your knowledge.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lyric Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.