Assistant Technical Director
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma (Lyric) is now seeking applicants for a year-round, staff Assistant Technical Director. The Assistant Technical Director will support the scenic construction and other needs of Lyric’s shows in multiple venues, including the Plaza Theatre and the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre.
- Participate in design development conversations with Lyric Staff and Scenic Designers;
For assigned scenic elements, produce in a timely manner all necessary technical drawings and information for Lyric’s Scene Shop to construct
Provide information and possibly training on details regarding research tools, materials, and construction techniques for Lyric’s Scene Shop;
- Construct scenery and provide direction for others to construct scenery;
- Load-In, Load-Out, Changeover, and maintain scenery for all productions;
- Maintain and repair Lyric equipment and facilities;
- Support and participate in company-wide events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expectations
- Possess an understanding of working with wood, steel, fabric, and plastic materials;
- Produce Technical Drawings in Vectorworks, drawing with an understanding of the above materials, and create print files in PDF format on ARCH D paper;
- Understand and use safe rigging practices.
- Integrate notes and other non drawing data from the designer;
- Provide instruction and leadership to other crew members;
- Lift/carry 80lbs unaided;
- Willing to work at heights in excess of 60’.
Position will report to Lyric’s Production Management &Technical Director, work with other full time/seasonal staff members, and supervise hourly & over-hire crews as assigned.
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
Applications Accepted Until Position Is Filled.
Salary and title are commensurate with experience and competitive with other 501c3 organizations of comparable stature and size in Oklahoma. Package includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick, long term disability and personal time.
Applicants for position should submit resume with references, examples of relevant work, and a cover letter to PRODUCTION@LYRICTHEATREOKC.ORG, including the job title in the email subject line.
For more details on Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma and our upcoming season, please visit our website LyricTheatreOKC.org.
Lyric Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.