Bring to My School
To request a performance of Interactive for your students during the 2019-2020 school year, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you promptly.
Interactive FAQ for Educators
What will happen after I submit the Bring To My School form?
Lyric’s Interactive Coodinator will use the information provided to determine the appropriate number of performances, and email the Primary Contact listed with proposed dates and times. The Interactive Coordinator and the school contact then work together to get your school on the 2019-2020 schedule.
How long is the Interactive performance?
About 35-45 minutes.
For which age groups is the Interactive program appropriate?
Interactive is appropriate for all ages — we serve Pre-K through High School. We love to see as many students as possible!
What can I do to prepare for the Interactive group prior to the day-of?
- Reserve the performance space
- Prepare the performance space — make sure it is clean and clear of clutter
- Put the performance on the school-wide calendar
What can I expect the day of my performance?
- The Interactive team arrive will approximately 30 minutes prior to performance time.
- The Interactive stage manager will check in at the front office with Study Guides for your students. Please ensure that office staff are aware of the group’s arrival.
- Office staff should be able to provide information on which external door the tour trailer can be unloaded through. Please make sure this door is unlocked.
- Please secure a private area for the actors to change into costume — this can be a dressing room, classroom, storage room, bathroom, library, etc.
- The performance will last about 35-45 minutes.
- If you have an afternoon performance, please strategize how to clear the parent pick-up carpool to ensure a prompt departure for the Interactive group after load out.
Who can I expect to arrive with the Interactive group?
Four actors, an accompanist, and the Stage Manager/Coordinator.
When will the Interactive Group arrive?
Our team arrives approximately 30 minutes prior to your performance time. Eg: If your performance is scheduled for 9AM, our group will arrive around 8:30AM.
When should I book my performance time?
Your performance time is when the show starts. If students get out of class at 9AM, you should ensure your performance is scheduled for 9:15AM to allow student travel and seating time. The Interactive group will not hold for longer than 10 minutes after the scheduled performance start time.
Can my school incorporate the Interactive performance into our morning assembly?
Yes, as long as the performance can still begin on time. For example, if the assembly begins at 8:30AM, schedule your performance for 8:45AM or 9AM. The group can load in while you are holding your assembly.
Can we take photos of the Interactive performance?
Yes! If you have social media, be sure to tag us on Facebook, or Instagram and Twitter (@LyricTheatre)!
Getting in touch:
Your point of contact is Justice von Maur, the Interactive Stage Manager and Coordinator. After scheduling your performance date and time with Justice, you can expect the following communication:
- A Confirmation Email
- A Reminder Email 2-3 weeks prior to your performance
We love to hear from you! But here is some advice about getting in touch:
- Please only reach out if:
- You need to make a modification to your reservation
- Your performance is in two weeks or less and you have not received a reminder email
- You have a question that is not answered by our FAQ page
- The Stage Manager is touring on the road four days a week, and therefore is not often at the office phone. The best way to get in touch with Justice is via email. If you leave a voicemail, please allow 5 business days for a response.
See contact information below:
Justice von Maur
Office ph: (405) 524-9310 ext. 103
Lastly, is the Interactive group super excited to entertain and educate our students?
ABSOLUTELY! We look forward to seeing you soon!