Summer Assistant Technical Director
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma is now seeking applicants for a paid, educational Assistant Technical Director Position, working on projects remotely starting immediately with onsite responsibilities in the Summer of 2018. Summer Season consists of FREAKY FRIDAY, HELLO DOLLY, and MAMMA MIA.
The Assistant Technical Director will be assigned to one summer production, and will serve as the primary person for all technical scenic concerns related to that production.
Pre-Season/Remote Work (October-April)
- Participate in design development conversations with Lyric Staff and Scenic Designer.
- Produce in a timely manner all necessary technical drawings for Lyric’s Scene Shop to construct the assigned production, factoring in venue restrictions and budgetary considerations.
Summer Season/On-Site Work (June-July)
- Coordinate the Scenic Load In/Changeover into the Assigned Production at the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre at Oklahoma City’s Civic Center Music Hall.
- Ensure all notes are completed on time.
- Run show crew as Deck Chief, supervising all backstage deck, props, fly, and electrics crew to ensure successful operation of all technical elements and maintenance.
- Coordinate the Scenic Load Out/Changeover after the Assigned Production has closed.
Skills and Expectations
- Read designer drawings and scales
- Integrate notes and other non drawing data from the designer.
- Computer aided draft in Vectorworks or AutoCAD and create print files in PDF format on ARCH D paper.
- Make time for meetings with Designer.
- Be willing to be open to coaching on the drawings for budgetary, structural, or space limits.
- Draw with the understanding of working with wood, steel, fabric and plastic materials
- Communicate via drawings and verbal communications for clarifications.
- Be available for the Summer Dates.
Position will report to Lyric Theatre’s Director of Production/Technical Director, and work with other full time/seasonal staff members, as well as the outside professional Scenic Designer of the Assigned Production.
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
Applications Accepted Until Position Is Filled.
Applicants for position should submit resume, two reference letters, examples of their work, and a cover letter stating how this opportunity fits into their professional development to PRODUCTION@LYRICTHEATREOKC.COM and include the job title in the email subject line. Applicants must be enrolled in an educational program, or have graduated in 2017.
For more details on Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma and our upcoming season, please visit our website LyricTheatreOKC.com.