Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma (Lyric) is now seeking applicants for a year-round, staff Scenic Artist. The Scenic Artist will support the scenic construction and other needs of Lyric’s shows in multiple venues, including the Plaza Theatre and the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre.
- Develop paint treatments and other scenic artistry techniques to achieve the look prescribed by the Scenic Designer;
- Apply treatments and techniques to scenic elements, and provide direction to others to assist;
- Touch-up or otherwise maintain the look for the set during the run of performances;
- Purchase paint, tools, and other supplies as required;
- Participate in Load-In, Load-Out, and Changeover for all productions;
- Maintain and repair Lyric equipment and facilities;
- Support and participate in company-wide events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expectations
- Possess an understanding of color theory, paint mixing, texturing, finishing, and other scenic art techniques;
- Provide instruction and leadership to other crew members;
- Lift/carry 50lbs unaided.
Position will report to Lyric’s Production Management &Technical Director, work with other full time/seasonal staff members, and supervise hourly & over-hire crews as assigned.
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
Applications Accepted Until Position Is Filled. Pay Rate is commensurate with experience.
Applicants for position should submit resume with references, examples of relevant work, and a cover letter to PRODUCTION@LYRICTHEATREOKC.COM, including the job title in the email subject line.
For more details on Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma and our upcoming season, please visit our website LyricTheatreOKC.com.