Props Art Deck Chief
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma (Lyric) is now seeking applicants for a year-round, staff Props Artisan/Deck Chief. This position will support the props construction, show operations, and other needs of Lyric’s shows in multiple venues, including the Plaza Theatre and the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre.
- Provide rehearsal props from inventory;
- Produce show props by pulling from inventory, purchasing, modifying existing items, or building them;
- Maintain and repair show props;
- Develop props rental packages;
- Run shows as the lead backstage crew member, supervising and coordinating other crew members;
- Serve as the house deck crew member for rentals;
- Maintain and repair Lyric equipment and facilities;
- Support and participate in company-wide events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expectations
- Possess an understanding of working with wood, fabric, and plastic materials;
- Have image manipulation/Photoshop skills;
- Provide instruction and leadership to other crew members;
- Lift/carry 50lbs unaided.
Position will report to Lyric’s Production Management &Technical Directors, work with other full time/seasonal staff members, and supervise hourly & over-hire crews as assigned.
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
Applications Accepted Until Position Is Filled. Pay Rate is commensurate with experience.
Applicants for position should submit resume with references, examples of relevant work, and a cover letter to PRODUCTION@LYRICTHEATREOKC.COM, including the job title in the email subject line.
For more details on Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma and our upcoming season, please visit our website LyricTheatreOKC.com.