Assistant Technical Director
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma (Lyric) is now seeking applicants for a year-round, staff Assistant Technical Director. The Assistant Technical Director will support the scenic construction and other needs of Lyric’s shows in multiple venues, including the Plaza Theatre and the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre.
- Participate in design development conversations with Lyric Staff and Scenic Designers.
- Produce in a timely manner all necessary technical drawings for Lyric’s Scene Shop to construct the assigned scenic elements.
- Construct scenery and provide direction for others to construct scenery;
- Load-In, Load-Out, Changeover, and maintain scenery for all productions;
- Maintain and repair Lyric equipment and facilities;
- Support and participate in company-wide events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expectations
- Possess an understanding of working with wood, steel, fabric, and plastic materials as well as rigging;
- Produce Technical Drawings in Vectorworks or AutoCAD and create print files in PDF format on ARCH D paper.
- Integrate notes and other non drawing data from the designer.
- Draw with the understanding of working with wood, steel, fabric and plastic materials
- Provide instruction and leadership to other crew members;
- Lift/carry 50lbs unaided.
Position will report to Lyric’s Production Management &Technical Director, work with other full time/seasonal staff members, and supervise hourly & over-hire crews as assigned.
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
Applications Accepted Until Position Is Filled. Pay Rate is commensurate with experience.
Applicants for position should submit resume with references, examples of relevant work, and a cover letter to PRODUCTION@LYRICTHEATREOKC.COM, including the job title in the email subject line.
For more details on Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma and our upcoming season, please visit our website LyricTheatreOKC.com.