Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma (Lyric) is now seeking applicants for a year-round, staff Master Electrician. The Master Electrician will support the production lighting and other needs of Lyric’s shows in multiple venues, including the Plaza Theatre and the Thelma Gaylord Performing Arts Theatre.
- Distribute the inventory and venue requirements to Guest Artists, or Repertory Plot to Renters;
- Hang, focus, and troubleshoot lighting instruments per designers needs;
- Build and/or wire practical lights and other electrical projects;
- Run lights as board operator for resident productions and rentals;
- Maintain and repair Lyric equipment and facilities;
- Support and participate in company-wide events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expectations
- Possess an understanding of theatrical lighting equipment function and repair
- Familiarity with ETC Consoles [Ion, Eos]
- Provide instruction and leadership to other crew members;
- Lift/carry 50lbs unaided.
Position will report to Lyric’s Production Management &Technical Directors, work with other full time/seasonal staff members, and supervise hourly & over-hire crews as assigned.
Work Schedule, Compensation, and Application Procedure
Applications Accepted Until Position Is Filled. Pay Rate is commensurate with experience.
Applicants for position should submit resume with references, examples of relevant work, and a cover letter to PRODUCTION@LYRICTHEATREOKC.COM, including the job title in the email subject line.
For more details on Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma and our upcoming season, please visit our website LyricTheatreOKC.com.